Merton Council has proposed a number of additions to the Local List and there is currently a public consultation on the proposals.
The Local List brings together buildings and other structures which make an important contribution to the local scene or which are valued for their local historical associations and which are not included in the national list maintained by English Heritage.
Proposed additions for Mitcham are:
- The cart dip at Three Kings Pond, Mitcham
- War Memorial, Lower Green West, Mitcham
- War memorial, Mitcham Parish Church
- Gravestones (wargraves) Mitcham Parish Church
- Stone monument, Mitcham Parish Churchyard
We support all these proposed additions.
Read our comments on proposed additions to the Local List.
Please make your own comments by taking part in the consultation, which ends on 9th March 2015.
See the Local List at Merton Council’s web site.
Park Place is a Toby Carvery at Cricket Green. It occupies a Grade II listed building that is a key heritage asset within the Cricket Green Conservation Area.
A planning application has been submitted to replace the existing advertisements.
We have submitted comments on this application – Park Place advertisements – Feb 15
Our Winter 2015 Bulletin is being distributed to 3,000 homes around Cricket Green by our volunteers.
In this issue you can:
- Learn about the £4 million Lottery grant for the Canons
- Find out more about the cricket pavilion becoming Merton’s first ever Asset of Community Value
- Get the latest update on Grade II listed Burn Bullock – now on the Heritage at Risk Register produced by English Heritage
- Learn much more about what we’ve been doing recently in and around Cricket Green
Download our Winter 2015 Bulletin