We published our Annual Review for 2017 at our AGM on 24th April 2018.
This presents highlights of our work during 2017 – it is a good place to find out more about what we do and some of our achievements during the year.
Highlights of 2017 include :
- Playing our part in the success of achieving a £4.7m Lottery award for The Canons Mitcham, and looking forward to seeing this project through to fruition
- Working hard to protect our much valued green spaces from fly-parking and unauthorised work on green spaces, including the removal of front gardens
- Forging working relationships with Merton Council’s contractor for green spaces management, idverde
- Achieving Grade II listing for the war memorial at Lower Green West
- Continuing our relationship with SUEZ and working with the company on its planned departure from Mitcham – which will leave its site with planning permission for housing
- Achieving local listing for a number of Mitcham landmarks
- Continuing to fight for a resolution to the Burn Bullock
- Commenting on many planning applications – a large number of which seem opportunistic and without appropriate consideration of their statutory duty to ‘enhance’ the Conservation Area.
- Organising events such as Mitcham Heritage Day and Community on the Green
…… and much more
Get your copy of our annual review: