Mitcham Cricket Green Conservation Area was designated on 18th July 1969 and its Golden Jubilee is a cause for celebration.
Thursday 18th July – Mitcham Cricket Ground – 6.30pm till dusk.
Community on the Green includes:
- short speeches at 7pm, including Deputy Mayor of Merton Edward Foley
- exhibitions and displays about what is going on in Cricket Green
- a guided walk exploring gems of Cricket Green at around 7.30pm
- Wandle Industrial Museum display
- a celebration of the oldest cricket ground in the world
- announcement of the Mitcham Heritage Day programme on September 14th
- opportunities to visit Mitcham cricket pavilion, Merton’s first registered Asset of Community Value
- cricket being played on the oldest cricket ground in the world
- drinks and light refreshments and a special surprise!
Community on the Green is for anyone who lives in, works in or simply loves Cricket Green and wants to enjoy a relaxed, enjoyable and informative evening celebrating all that it offers.
We look forward to seeing you!