Cricket Green Conservation Area is 50 this year. We have lots of plans to celebrate.
- Come to Community on the Green on the evening of 18th July to help us celebrate our 50th birthday in style. 6.30pm start – guided walk at 7.30pm, much more to see – details here.
- Look out for the programme for our special Mitcham Heritage Day all day on Saturday 14th September – bigger and better than last year’s. Formal launch of evnts programme at Community on the Green.
- We are refreshing the Cricket Green Charter. Following a very successful and well attended public event on Monday 8th April we have produced a consultation report and a draft new Cricket Green Charter. Find out more and have your say.
- We’re tweeting weekly on the things that make Cricket Green special. Take a look, and add your own thoughts.
Become a member today and help support our work
- The lessons from Worsfold House
- It’s official – Mitcham cricket pavilion is a community asset
- Community on the Green 18th July 2019 6.30pm till dusk
- Mitcham Garden Village vehicle barrier
- New History Nugget June 2019 Mitcham Bridge
- New History Nugget May 2019 King George VI Avenue
- Cricket Green Charter – have your say
- Read our 2018 Annual Review
- Massive redevelopment of Benedict Wharf imminent
- More tarmacking of Three Kings Piece
- New History Nugget March 2019 from gas to electric street lighting
- Read our Spring 2019 Bulletin
- 18 Commonside West upward extension would damage design of contemporary flats
- White Hart development plans fall short
- Cricket Green – the next 50 years – get involved!
- New History Nugget January 2019 Robinson Crusoe
- Open spaces matter – our response to Merton Council Open Space Study
- Planning for the future – Merton’s Local Plan
- Will the Sutton Link come to Mitcham?
- White Hart restoration plans blighted by intrusive flats
- The future of Benedict Wharf
- Wandle House plans
- Memorial stone at Lower Green West war memorial
- Back garden development off Russell Road
- Cricket Green Conservation Area – 4th in Civic Voice poll to find England’s Favourite Conservation Area
- Mitcham Cricket Green Conservation Area in the running to be England’s favourite
18 July (Thursday) Community on the Green and 50th Anniversary of Cricket Green Conservation Area celebration. Details to follow.
30 July (Tuesday) monthly meeting. 7pm at the Cricket Pavilion on Cricket Green. Open to all
27 August (Tuesday) monthly meeting. 7pm at the Cricket Pavilion on Cricket Green. Open to all
14 September (Saturday) Mitcham Heritage Day. Details coming soon.
24 September (Tuesday) monthly meeting. 7pm at the Cricket Pavilion on Cricket Green. Open to all
29 October (Tuesday) monthly meeting. 7pm at the Cricket Pavilion on Cricket Green. Open to all
26 November (Tuesday) monthly meeting. 7pm at the Cricket Pavilion on Cricket Green. Open to all