Join us on Wednesday 27th July at Cricket Green 6pm till dusk.
Mitcham Cricket Green Community & Heritage invites you to join us on Wednesday 27th July for our annual celebration of Cricket Green and everyone who lives and works here.
This year we have a special focus on The Canons which is currently the subject of a multi-million pound Lottery bid. Take the opportunity to see the area as you may have never seen it before with a special 3D fly through display. There will also be a free guided walking tour of the grounds. Cricket will be played during the evening.
The event will include:
- exhibitions and displays about what is going on in Cricket Green, The Canons and the Wandle Valley
- a chance to quiz the experts who have undertaken new historical research of the area
- opportunities to have your say on how Lottery funding should be invested in The Canons and its grounds
- short speeches at 7pm
- information on the multi-million pound bid to the Lottery for The Canons and its grounds, including a guided tour of the grounds at 7.30pm
- the latest news on the future of the Burn Bullock and the Cricketers pubs
- a celebration of the oldest cricket ground in the world
opportunities to visit Mitcham cricket pavilion, Merton’s first registered asset of community value
- drinks and light refreshments
The Mayor of Merton has also been invited.
We hope you will join other organisations, businesses and the local community for what will be a relaxed, enjoyable and informative evening.
It would be helpful if you could tell us you’re coming by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!