Please join us for Mitcham Heritage Day on Saturday 17th September.
We have brought together a number of organisations who will offer a range of free events including talks, exhibitions, and chances to see and try new things.
All the events take place between 10am and 4pm. Check the schedule on the printable poster below to make sure you don’t miss anything!
Participating this year are:
- Wandle Industrial Museum – opening free of charge
- Cricket Green School – view the 14th Century arch
- St Peter & Paul Roman Catholic Church – guided visit to church, exhibitions and more
- The Canons & Dovecote – learn more about the Lottery bid and get a look inside the Dovecote
- Mitcham Parish Church – exhibitions, bell ringing, displays and more
- Mitcham Cricket Club – see inside the pavilion and watch cricket, displays and more
- Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre – photographic exhibitions at various locations
- Mitcham Cricket Green Community & Heritage – guided walk around Cricket Green at 2pm
The day will round off with an evening choral concert at Mitcham Parish Church starting at 7pm.
Further details about the concert and tickets (£10 including cheese and wine) are available from Fr David Pennells on 020 8646 0666,
Thank you to all the participants and helpers who are giving their time making this year’s event happen.