Mitcham Cricket Green Community & Heritage invites you to join us on Wednesday 25th July for our annual celebration of Cricket Green and everyone who lives and works here.
This year we will be gathering your thoughts on favourite places in the Conservation Area and sharing news on the plans for the Burn Bullock and cricket pavilion. There will also be a free guided walking tour to discover the remarkable trees of Cricket Green and The Canons. Cricket will be played on the historic ground during the evening.
Community on the Green includes:
- exhibitions and displays about what is going on in Cricket Green
- The Canons marquee with news and information about the multi-million pound Lottery project
- Wandle Industrial Museum display
- a celebration of our contribution to the first London National Park City week
- short speeches at 7pm
- a guided tree walk at around 7.30pm
- a celebration of the oldest cricket ground in the world
- opportunities to visit Mitcham cricket pavilion, Merton’s first registered Asset of Community Value
- information about plans for the Wilson hospital
- a demonstration from Oomph! Wellness of its Walk’n’Talk Programme
- drinks and light refreshments
- and more!
We hope you will join other organisations, businesses and the local community for what will be a relaxed, enjoyable and informative evening.
It would be helpful if you could tell us you’re coming – email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!