6pm till dusk.
Mitcham Cricket Green Community & Heritage invites you to join us on Wednesday 26th July for our annual celebration of Cricket Green and everyone who lives and works here.
This year we will be launching our new Community Map for Cricket Green and sharing news of the multi-million pound Lottery funded project bid at The Canons.
There will also be a free guided walking tour and cricket will be played on the historic ground during the evening.
We are delighted that the Mayor of Merton will be attending.
Community on the Green includes:
- exhibitions and displays about what is going on in Cricket Green, The Canons and the Wandle Valley
- launch of our new Community Map for Cricket Green
- a guided walk at around 7.30pm
- short speeches at 7pm, including from the Mayor of Merton
- information on the multi-million pound bid to the Lottery for The Canons and its grounds
- the latest news on the future of the Burn Bullock and the Wilson Hospital
- a celebration of the oldest cricket ground in the world
- a Wandle Industrial Museum display
- opportunities to visit Mitcham cricket pavilion, Merton’s first registered asset of community value
- drinks and light refreshments
It would be helpful if you could tell us you’re coming by emailing us – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!