Thank you to everyone who came along and made our 50th birthday party such fun!
The Deputy Mayor of Merton cut our birthday cake and made a lovely speech.
We enjoyed a cask of Wandle Ale donated by Sambrook’s Brewery – Thank you to them!
We had a special walk celebrating some of the 50 things people have helped us identify that make the Conservation Area special to us. We’re tweeting these throughout the year – @MitchamCrktGrn #CricketGreenat50
There was cricket on the green courtesy of Mitcham Cricket Club’s ladies team.
We remembered with pride that we are Englands Fourth Favourite Conservation Area.
And best of all – lots of local people came to enjoy the sunshine, the cake, the ale, and the company.
Join us on Wednesday 26th July on Mitcham cricket ground.
6pm till dusk.
Mitcham Cricket Green Community & Heritage invites you to join us on Wednesday 26th July for our annual celebration of Cricket Green and everyone who lives and works here.
This year we will be launching our new Community Map for Cricket Green and sharing news of the multi-million pound Lottery funded project bid at The Canons.
There will also be a free guided walking tour and cricket will be played on the historic ground during the evening.
We are delighted that the Mayor of Merton will be attending.
Community on the Green includes:
- exhibitions and displays about what is going on in Cricket Green, The Canons and the Wandle Valley
- launch of our new Community Map for Cricket Green
- a guided walk at around 7.30pm
- short speeches at 7pm, including from the Mayor of Merton
- information on the multi-million pound bid to the Lottery for The Canons and its grounds
- the latest news on the future of the Burn Bullock and the Wilson Hospital
- a celebration of the oldest cricket ground in the world
- a Wandle Industrial Museum display
- opportunities to visit Mitcham cricket pavilion, Merton’s first registered asset of community value
- drinks and light refreshments
It would be helpful if you could tell us you’re coming by emailing us – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!