10.00am to 4.30pm Saturday 9th September at Mitcham Cricket Green
Come and enjoy the heritage on your doorstep and find out more about where you live.
Just some of the things you can do for free!
- Learn about Mary Tate Almshouses
- Visit the bell ringing chamber in the Parish Church
- Find out about the history of cricket in Mitcham
- Discover the fascinating industrial history of the river Wandle
- See an exhibition of historic postcards about Mitcham
- Take a guided tour of the Parish Church graveyard
- Listen to the choir at Mitcham Methodist Church
- Visit the 14th Century arch at Cricket Green School
- Join a guided walk around historic Cricket Green and The Canons
- Watch cricket being played from the balcony of the historic cricket pavilion
- Take a guided tour of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church
- …….and much more
Refreshments available through the day at most venues.
Round the day off with a choral concert including music specially composed to celebrate Mitcham’s heritage. Full details on our leaflet (below).
Helping make Mitcham Heritage Day possible:
- Mitcham Parish Church
- Mitcham Cricket Club
- Wandle Industrial Museum
- Saints Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church
- Cricket Green School
- Mitcham Methodist Church
- Merton Heritage & Local Studies Centre
To see the full itinerary Download our leaflet
To help with the publicity print and display our poster
Mitcham Heritage Day is participating in Heritage Open Days.
Mitcham Heritage Day has been supported by a grant from Big Lottery Fund Celebrate England