We’ve published our latest Bulletin, which is now being distributed to homes around the Cricket Green area by our volunteers.
In this issue you can learn more about our exciting Heritage Lottery Funded project to clean the horse trough at Cricket Green and move it back from the kerb into a safer position. The work to remove the horse trough will take place over the coming week, so watch out for it happening as you pass by.
Also in this issue there are articles on:
- our successes in adding to the local list – protecting local structures
- the shock development of a floodlit sports pitch on the Canons area – and yes, we are STILL waiting for an adequate response from our councillors on why they have not stood up for Cricket Green
- Action we are taking to secure the future of the fire station on Cricket Green once the London Fire Brigade move to a new fire station
- And much more
MCGC&H Bulletin Winter 2014
We’ve published our Autumn 2013 Bulletin.
Read it to learn more about:
- Why the willow at the Canons carp pond has gone
- How we are contributing to the Merton Memories project
- Why we are objecting to floodlit sports pitches at the Canons and how you can get involved (also see our web site post)
- A new addition to the Cricket Green Conservation Area
- Opening the Cricket Pavilion for London Open House on 21 September (also see our web site post)
- And much more!
MCGCH newsletter Autumn 2013
We are pleased to announce that we’ve published our first ever printed bulletin.
This is being distributed to homes on and around the Cricket Green area by a team of volunteers.
It contains lots of information and news on our activities including an update on the latest plans to build on the Cricketers pub and the London Fire Brigade’s plans for a new fire station which will leave the existing, locally listed building empty.
You can download a copy here.
The bulletin was printed with support from Blythe and Co, chartered accountant and registered auditors, 352-354 London Road, Mitcham, CR4 3ND 020 8646 0000